Sandy City selected G. Brown Design, Inc. to prepare a master plan for the historic Sandy City Cemetery. The original cemetery, in use since 1873, is nearing capacity. The city obtained an additional 6.75 acres adjacent to the existing cemetery for expansion. GBD prepared a master plan that integrates the site into the neighborhood, while providing access and utility to the community. Rather than leaving the land vacant, informal playing fields will be developed on part of the 6.75-acre expansion parcel until the land is needed for burials. The plan also calls for a committal service shelter, restrooms, and enhanced parking to provide facilities for family gatherings as well as funerals. Buildings, structures and signage are proposed to be in keeping with the historical look and feel of the existing cemetery.